Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bitter Cold

17 below zero this morning, and so far we have only gotten up to 6 below. Had to go run errands though, we all have to eat, but boy the wind sure does cut right through when it is this cold. I'm spending the weekend spinning and reading. My copy of Ravenshade has arrived. My friend C.S. Marks has written this fantasy series, and it is hard to put down. This is the third book and the last in this trilogy. I sure hope she writes some more though. If anyone is interested you can find more info at the website www.elfhunter.net.
I finished the merino/alpaco roving and I've now started on a little bit of pygora in shades of purple/lavender. It is a lovely fiber and glides right through the fingers. It was expensive though and I didn't purchase much I'm not sure yet what it will become after spinning. Sometimes I just get pleasure out of trying a new fiber.
Bye for now

No comments: