Friday, October 19, 2012

The New Girls

Two new additions to my flock.  I know I said I was done, but I've decided that size does matter.  One of our goals is to produce market lambs.  I however am not willing to do that without having nice fleeces for my spinning and to blend with my angora for sale to other spinners.  I already had a cormo wether and so we have decided to add a small cormo breeding flock.  To start this adventure I purchased the two ewe lambs above from Westfield Woolies.  Two very wonderful ladies, Ruth and Alison, I recommend them highly if you are interested in this breed.  On the left is China who is pure Cormo and on the right is Arielle who is 3/4 Cormo and 1/4 BL.  They've got another year to grow and then I should have some nice Cormo lambs the following spring.

No comments: